Friday, November 14, 2008

Daniel's Sick Day


Yesterday I came to pick Daniel up at my mom's and she mentioned that he was talking funny. I checked him out and his lymph nodes were large and he couldn't open up his mouth very wide. I was concerned and took him to urgent care. It was a very tramatic night. It took two doctors to hold Daniel down to look at his throat. He screamed and cried, I felt horrible. They determined that he needed a shot of antibiotics because his throat was really infected. The shot was really thick and it hurt a lot going in. We had to wait for 20 minutes until we could leave. Daniel shed lots of tears and eventually fell asleep in the docs office. My mom took a picture of his neck today.

3 comments:

Mia said...

Oh my gosh, poor Daniel! My neck hurts just looking at that picture! I hope he's better soon!

Oh, and I had to laugh to see the booster seat in the background. He was so methodical in his 'chewing' of it!!!!

Jenny and Kevin said...

Poor Daniel!! I've never seen glands that swollen before. I bet it was much harder for you at the doctors than it was for Daniel. I'm glad to hear that he's getting better! I can't wait to see him again...I miss him so much!!

Lauriann said...

Oh my goodness! Alot has been posted since I last checked your blog! I'm glad everything ended up being fine with Daniel, but man, that HAD to stink going through that. Ugh...