I can't believe it has been another year. It's weird watching your child grow up, because it is hard to remember life before him, but at the same time I can't believe how fast everything is going. My mom always told us we were growing up way too fast and I would roll my eyes and just say whatever, but now I know how she feels. I cherish every moment, and there never seems to be enough time. He is constantly changing, saying new cute and funny things, and amazes me everyday. So enough of the sappiness...
It was another Thomas birthday for Daniel. Everyday he is even more in love with trains than the day before (if that is possible). So it was only fitting that he had a Thomas birthday. Instead of making the cake, this year I ordered an ice cream one from Maggie Moos. It was very tasty, and worth every penny. Daniel got way too much stuff. Scott is always trying to get me to buy less, but I just want to be able to give him all the things I know he will love. So this year his "big" present from us was a little Thomas scooter and soccer goal. We also got him a train (duh), books and coloring books. But my mom always seems to get the "better" presents. She can trump me everytime (which is OK with me). He got a big wheel from her and some gardening stuff. We took all of his new outside toys out on Sunday afternoon and the only thing he was really interested in doing was putting leaves in his wheelbarrow. I guess I am lucky that I have such a great little helper. My brothers and sister also got him some great gifts and he is so lucky to have so many people that love him so much. (Notice the shirt Daniel is wearing in all the photos, Jenny and Kevin made him that cute shirt.) Although he wasn't very excited opening it (they made the mistake and got him a gift bag that lights up and sings so he was more into that then the actual present), but once he was wearing the shirt he was really proud of it.
Thanks to Jenny for taking all of the photos! It was so great not having to worry about taking pictures. Enjoy the show.
3 comments:
Love the pictures and the comments. You forgot to explain why he is wearing the large lucky shirt.
Those pictures are so good... The wheelbarrow is a great idea. Looks like he had a wonderful birthday! I can't believe he is three years old... Doesn't seem possible
It really doesn't seem possible that he's 3. Life is crazy fast. I like that I can keep up with him here, though. It does look like a fun birthday. And in my mind, Daniel is synonomous with Thomas the Train...which I think is kinda funny.
Post a Comment